Creating a Network
It's easier than you think
If you don’t yet have a network, you will need to lay some groundwork with your association leaders and members. However, the familiarity of print networks – and the urgency of online development – should serve to expedite the implementation process.
If you already have a print network, you can readily adapt these policies and procedures to your online network.
If you already have an online network, DPC can help you make it more effective and more efficient – delivering more advertising revenue with less administrative overhead.
A typical implementation cycle follows the steps outlined below. Where there is no pre-existing network (print or online), the initial steps may require expansion.
- Association board makes commitment to establish network. This step may be preceded by presentations to the board and/or surveying membership.
- Association board announces network, highlights benefits, describes enrollment process, and actively solicits participation. This may be achieved by any/all of the following: association newsletter, direct mail/email, hosting a “summit” event.
- Papers complete the enrollment process.
- Association's “network administrator” creates the network by loading enrollees/participants into the DPC ad server and defining the ad zones to be served by/to the network.
- Network Administrator transmits the invocation code for each ad zone to network participants.
- Participants insert invocation code(s) into their servers for the ad zone(s) they are offering to the network.
- Network Administrator sends test ad through network.
- Participants confirm delivery of test ad, turn off the “feed” once it is tested, and await ad campaign delivery from the Association.
- Association secures advertising commitment
- Network Administrator creates ad “campaign” (e.g., type/size of ad, targeted participants, impression delivery) in DPC ad server.
- Association notifies targeted participants of pending campaign (target ad zone, start/stop dates)
- Network Administrator notifies targeted participants to turn on invocation code. Delivery begins and runs to completion.
- Campaign concludes. Association bills ad client and distributes revenue IAW network terms.